Vintage Doris on pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 16 October 2012

She's alive........ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I'm looking at more vintage inspired Halloween ideas and I've come up with The Bride of Frankenstein. This film is from 1935 and was a sequel to the original Frankenstein. Some people think that the sequel was better than the original Frankenstein but I love them both, what's your take on this?

The Bride of Frankenstein s one of those classic 'Old Hollywood  Monster Movies' and  you can't really get more vintage than the original 1935 movie staring Boris Karloff, Elsa Lanchester and Colin Clive.

You can look this movie u here -

www.imdb.com

To achieve this look I backcombed my hair leaving out two sections next to the ears. Then I pulled back in a beehive shape and loosely waved the side sections using a curling iron. Next I put talcum powder on the parts of the hair and pinned them up with the rest of hair. My hair s too short for this really so it looks a little bit messy but if your hair is longer then it should work really well. Of course the easy option is to buy a wig.

here's the list of products I used to achieve this look -
Maxfactor pan stick in fair
StarGazer foundation in white,
StarGazer pressed powder in white
Marks and Spencer eye and cheek bronzing stick in russet
Solait bronzing puff in golden glow
Benefit browzings in dark
Benefit big beautiful eyes eye contour kit
white eye shaddow
Black liquid eye liner
black mascara
false eye lashes
collection 2000 lip definer in damson
Famous by Sue Moxley lipstick in shade 2

Here are the pictures I used as inspiration -

Elsa Lanchester as The Bride of Frankenstein





Here's my finished look




This is how I did this makeup look



Thanks for reading, 
Love Doris 
xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment