Vintage Doris on pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 26 March 2012

Modern Pinup peek

Hi everyone,

Today I'm going to share with you some of my favourite pinups. Pinups and vintage or Rockabilly fashion and style have very strong ties. The term 'pinup' came from a time during the second world war when young fellas in the forces would 'pin up' pictures of the girls they liked to cheer themselves up during the war.

Now days the pinup models tend to model the clothing of vintage style fashions and swimwear and lingerie. They always look glamorous and have beautiful hair and makeup. I wish I was brave enough to give it a go!

Anyway here are some pictures of the girls whose pinup looks I like.






The pinup girl make up look is fairly easy to perfect with patience and practise. What you will need -
A light coloured foundation, concealer and powder. Natural tones of eyeshadow with a white to high light the brow bone and inner corner of the eyes. A pinkie coloured blusher, liquid eyeliner, black mascara, false lashes, eyebrow pencil or powder and of course red lip liner and lipstick to get the signature pinup lips.

I have done a youtube pinup make up video and I will post it below.
As for pinup hair it tends to be curly and voluminous. 

I love the pinup look its classic, girly and sexy.
Why not give it a try next time you have a night out planned?

If you have tried the pinup look and you have photos you'd like to share why not come and post them on my face book page at - https://www.facebook.com/VintageDoris I'd love to see what you did!!




Thanks for reading, Love Doris xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment